The Andaman Islands are one of the most beautiful places on earth. With crystal-clear waters, unrivaled natural beauty, and a vibrant culture, these islands are a must-see for travelers this summer. But which Andaman Islands should you visit? Read on to find out—you’re guaranteed to find the perfect island for your needs!
The Andaman Islands
The Andaman Islands are an archipelago in the Bay of Bengal, part of the country of India. The islands are located 560 miles south-east of Kolkata, India and 1450 miles north-west of Chennai, India. The Andaman and Nicobar Islands were first colonized by the British in 1858. The island chain is made up of more than 100 small islands and islets, with a total land area of 193 square miles. The Andaman and Nicobar Islands have a population of just over 100,000 people and most residents live on Port Blair, which is the capital city. There are only two main tourist destinations on the islands – Port Blair and North Andaman – but there are many other interesting places to visit such as Cameron Bay, Ross Island, South Andaman Island and Tenasserim Island.
The Best Beaches
The best beaches in the Andaman Islands are undoubtedly those found on the South Andaman Island, which boast crystal clear waters and soft white sand. Some of the most popular stretches of beach include the aptly-named Golden Beach and Sandy Bay, where you can find plenty of parasailing and diving options. If you’re looking for a little more excitement, head to Free Point or North Point for waves that crash against golden cliffs. Meanwhile, deserted Little Bay is perfect for a relaxing day by the water with a good book or some sunbathing loungers.
Whether you’re an adventurous spirit or prefer to simply relax in paradise, there’s a beach on South Andaman that’s perfect for you. Ready to start planning your trip? Check out our full list of the best beaches in the Andaman Islands below!
The Best Places To Stay
The best places to stay on Andaman and Nicobar Islands this summer are in the small towns of South Andaman and North Andaman. Both islands boast a wide range of accommodation options, from exclusive resorts to family-run guesthouses. Here are some of the best places to stay in both islands:
1. The Hideaway Resort, North Andaman: Opened just last year, this luxurious resort is located on a picturesque stretch of beach in the north part of North Andaman. The Hideaway offers everything you could possibly need for a relaxing stay – from tennis courts to an infinity pool – and its spacious rooms and suites make it perfect for couples or families.
2. The Heritage Guest House, South Andaman: This charming guesthouse is located in a quiet corner of Port Blair, just steps away from the beach. It offers comfortable guestrooms with air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access, as well as lovely gardens and outdoor seating areas. The Heritage is perfect for budget-minded travellers looking for a unique experience in South Andaman.
3. Raja Vilas Resort & Spa, South Andaman: This luxury resort has something for everyone – from swimming pools and spa facilities to an excellent restaurant and bar scene. The Raja Vilas is also home to several championship golf courses, making it the perfect place to relax after a day spent exploring South Andaman’s beautiful beaches.
4. Turtle Beach Resort & Spa, Port Blair
The Best Activities To Do
1. The best activity to do on the Andaman Islands is diving. There are many different dive sites for all levels of divers, from beginner to expert. You can find almost any type of diving you might want to do, including scuba diving, snorkeling, and even deep sea diving.
2. If you’re looking for a more relaxed experience, you can choose to stay on the islands and explore by bike or by foot. There are plenty of hikes and nature trails waiting for you to explore, as well as charming villages and beaches close by.
3. If you’d like some fun in the sun but don’t want to spend a lot of time getting sweaty, consider taking a day trip out to one of the island’s many beach resorts. These places offer everything from swimming pools and tennis courts to restaurants and bars – perfect for soaking up some rays while enjoying some drinks with friends.
4. Finally, if you’re interested in learning more about the local culture and history before visiting the islands, be sure to check out one of the many museums on the islands! Each museum has its own unique story to tell about life on these remote islands over the years – perfect for anyone interested in learning about this special part of world history!
The Cost Of Living On The Islands
The best Andaman islands to visit this summer are the Andaman Islands. The cost of living on the islands is very reasonable, making it a great option for budget-minded travellers. Additionally, the islands have many activities and attractions that make them worth visiting.
Some things to consider before travelling to the Andaman Islands include its location: they are in the Bay of Bengal, just south of India and east of Myanmar. This means that they experience a warm climate all year long, with average temperatures ranging from 80 degrees F to 84 degrees F throughout the year. The islands also have plentiful rainfall and dense jungles which provide plenty of opportunities for adventure.
Another important factor to consider when deciding where to go on vacation is what kind of traveller you are. The Andaman Islands can be enjoyed by both adventurous tourists who want to hike through jungle trails, as well as those who just want relaxing getaways without having to deal with heavy traffic or crowds.
When planning your trip, it is also helpful to know some basic facts about the local currency, which is Indian Rupees (INR). Visitors should not expect dramatic changes in their daily lives once they arrive in the islands; however, prices may be slightly higher than what they are used to back home. There are several banks located on each island that will exchange foreign currency into INR at decent rates. Additionally, ATMs are widely available throughout each town and most major tourist destinations on the islands accept Visa and Mastercard
Looking for a summer getaway that is both relaxing and exciting? The Andaman Islands are the perfect destination! With endless beaches, lagoons, and jungles to explore, there is something for everyone on these islands. Whether you want to experience traditional island life or soak up the sun and culture at one of the many resorts, we have compiled a list of the 8 best Andaman Islands to visit this summer. Don’t wait any longer – start planning your dream vacation today!